Accept Islam for your salvation
Live according to Islam for your spiritual progress
1. Write the translation of any one verse of the Qur'an Kareem about salah and indicate the verse number.
Recite that which has been revealed to you
of the Book and keep up prayer; surely prayer keeps (one) away from indecency
and evil, and certainly the rememberance of Allah is the greatest, and Allah knows
what you do. (29:45)
Hadrat Mughira Rady Allahu 'Anhu said that
the Holy Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam prayed for so long in the night
in standing posture that his feet got swoolen up. His companions said to him,
"O Prophet of Allah! Why do you exert so much when Allah Sub'hanahu wa Ta'ala
has forgiven you all sins?" The beloved Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam replied,
"Should I not be a grateful servant of Allah?" (Bukhari, Muslim)
3. What is the meaning of fardh salah?
4. Name the daily fardh salah and the number of rak'ah in each.
5. Indicate the daily salah of sunnah mu'akkadah and the number of rak'ah in each.
2 raka'ah before fard of Fajr
6. What is recited in ruku'? Write its meaning.
Sub-hana Rabbi-yal 'Azeem
Glory to my Lord, the Great
7. What is recited in sijda? Write its meaning.
Sub-hana Rabbi-yal A'la
Glory to my Lord, the Most High
8. Write the translation of what is recited in azan.
Allah is Great Allah is Great
In the direction of the Ka'ba in Makkah
10. What is majid qiblatain?
The mosque in which our beloved Prophet Sallallahu 'alaihi
wa Sallam received Allah's command to adopt the Ka'ba as the qibla. He was already
facing Masjid al-Aqsa, so he turned his face towards the Ka'ba and so did his
followers. Hence, this mosque came to be called Masjid Qiblatain, the masjid with
the two qiblas.
11. How many time is it more meritorious to pray in congregation (jama'ah) compared to praying alone?
12. How many times is it more meritorious to pray
(a) at the Ka'ba in Makkah? 100,000 times
13. When is Salaatul Tahajjud offered and how many rak'ah are there in it?
After midnight and before Fajr. It has a maximum of 8
raka'ah, according to some 12, prayed 2 raka'ah each time.
14. When is Salaatul Awwabeen offered and how many rak'ah are there in it?
After Maghrib. It has 6 raka'ah, prayed 2 raka'ah each
SubhanAllah-i wa'l Hamdu Lillah-i wa laa ilaaha Illallahu Wallahu Akbar
Glory be to Allah and all praise is for Allah
Recited 75 times in each of 4 raka'ah for a total of
Ways in which they are similar:
2 raka'ah in each
Ways in which they are different:
There are additional takbeeraat in 'Eid salah
while there are no additonal takbeeraat in Jumu'ah salah
17. What is meant by hudoor and khushu' in salah?
Hudur: presence of body, mind and heart in salah
Khushu': submissiveness and humility
Sayyidina Abubakr Siddiq, Rady Allahu 'Anhu
O Allah! Bestow blessings on Sayyidina Muhammad
O Allah! Bestow favours on Sayyidina Muhammad
|· Poems · Our Publications · For Students · Duas · Links ·|
|Reproduce with permission and acknowledgments||Contact Us|