Welcome to Islam
Accept Islam for your salvation
Live according to Islam for your spiritual progress
- AL-FATIHA (THE OPENING)|
- PROPHET MUHAMMAD|
Seniors Quiz # 15 with answers
- Whose attribute is Al-Akram al-akramīn?
It is Allāh’s attribute
- Write its meaning.
The Most Generous of the generous
- What is meant by Al-‘Allām u’l ghuyūb?
The Knower of the Unseen
- What did the Holy Prophet Muhammad Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam teach his beloved daughter Sayyidatinā Fātima Rady Allāhu ‘Anhā to recite that would be better for her than having a maid?
SubhānAllāh (33 times), Alhamdu Lillāh (33 times), Allāhu Akbar (34 times)
- Write its meaning.
SubhānAllāh means: Glory be to Allāh
Alhamdu Lillāh means: All Praise is for Allāh
Allāhu Akbar means: Allāh is Most Great
- What is the difference in meaning between ‘alayhissalām, ‘alayhassalām and ‘alayhimussalām?
‘Alayhissalām means “peace be upon him”. This is said after the name of any Prophet or angel.
‘Alayhassalām means “peace be upon her”. This is said after the name of a great lady such as Sayyidatinā Maryam (The Blessed Virgin Mary) ‘alayhassalām.
‘Alayhimussalām means “peace be upon them”.
- Which bird has been mentioned in the Holy Qur’ān in the story of Nabī Sulaymān, peace be upon him?
Hud-hud or the hoopoe
- What is meant by al-Hadīth u’s-Sahīh?
al-Hadīth u’s Sahīh is a very well authenticated and universally accepted Saying of Prophet Muhammad Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam that has an absolutely sound text and a very sound chain of transmitters
- What is meant by al-Hadīth u’l Hasan?
al-Hadīth u’l Hasan is a sound, well-authenticated Saying of Prophet Muhammad Sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa Sallam that is also universally accepted
- Which day is the day of ‘Āshūrā’?
The day of ‘Āshūrā’ is the 10th of Muharram
- What is one important Sunnah for that day?
- Mention at least one event of great significance in world history that took place on that day.
On the day of ‘Āshūrā’, Nabī Mūsā ‘alayhissalām was saved from the armies of the Pharaoh. As well on that same day, hundreds of years later, Sayyidinā Imām al-Husayn Rady Allāhu ‘Anhu, together with his family were martyred
- What is meant by ar-riyā’?
ar-riyā’ means to perform any good deed in order to earn praise rather than to please Allāh Subhānahū wa Ta‘ālā
- Mention some of the ādāb (proper etiquette) of reciting the Qur’ān.
Some of the following ādāb (proper etiquette) of Qur’ān recitation can be mentioned:
(a) to be in a state of wudū’
(b) to put on the prayer cap or amama (for men) and hijāb (for women)
(c) to face the qibla
(d) to begin with A‘ūdhu Billāhi min ash-shaytān i’r rajīm (I seek refuge in Allāh from satan, the rejected one), and
Bismillāh i’r Rahmān i’r Rahīm (In the Name of Allāh, The Beneficent, The Merciful)
(e) to recite it with respect and humility as it is the Word of Allāh Subhānahū wa Ta‘ālā
(f) to ponder on its meaning and to act on its guidance
(g) to recite some of it everyday, preferably at least one juz every day so as to complete its recitation in one month
(h) to recite it with correct pronunciation and intonation
(i) to recite it melodiously in measured tones if in a congregation, to increase the joy of all the listeners
(j) to recite “SadaqAllāhu’l Azīm” (Allāh The Exalted has said The Truth) once the recitation is completed, to respectfully keep the Qur’ān on a neat and clean elevated place together with other copies of the Qur’ān, not to mix it up with non-religious material, and not to put any other book or material on the Qur’ān.
- What is meant by ‘aqīda?
‘Aqīda means “article of Muslim faith” or “article of Muslim belief”
- What is ‘aqīqa?
Aqīqa is to offer the animal as a sacrifice in a ceremony to thank Allāh at the birth of a child when the newborn baby’s hair is shaved for the first time on the seventh day
- When is it performed?
On the seventh day of the birth of the baby
- Who were the Ashāb u’l Kahf? In which sūrah of the Qur’ān have they been mentioned?
The Ashāb u’l Kahf were the “Companions of the Cave” who believed in One God and went to live in a cave to escape from religious persecution in their city and to save their faith. They have been mentioned in Surah al-Kahf.
- What is meant by “amn”?
Amn means peace or security
- Give an Arabic word that is a synonym for “amn”
Its synonym is “salām”