Quiz 8 Seniors Answers
- Mention the Arkan al-Iman (Pillars of Faith) in their proper order.
Belief in Allah
Belief in His angels
Belief in His Revealed Books
Belief in His Prophetic Messengers
Belief in the Day of Judgement
Belief in the Pre-Ordainment of good and evil by Allah and in the raising up of the dead on the Day of Judgement.
- Hadrat 'Abdullah ibn 'Abbas Rady Allahu 'Anhu is called Tarjumanul
Qur'an. What does it mean?
Interpreter and translator of the Qur’an.
- All the surahs of the Qur'an begin with Bismillah except one. Which one?
- Which surah is recited on Friday before salatul Jumu'ah (Friday prayers)?
Surah al-Kahf (The Cave).
- Write the translation of Surah Ikhlas.
In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, The Merciful.
Say: He, Allah, is One. Allah is the eternally Besought.He has not begotten, nor been begotten, and there is none comparable to Him. (112:1-4)
- Mention at least three things which spoil, break or nullify salah.
Any three of the following can be mentioned:
to break wind
to move one’s body so that the chest no longer faces the Ka’ba.
- What is meant by the qada of salah?
Qada of salah is to make up the salah after its time has passed.
- Name the sunnah prayer performed soon after sunrise.
- Why did the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, normally keep the optional
fast on Mondays?
Because he was born on Monday.
- What is the meaning of nisab in payment of Zakah?
Nisab is the minimum amount above which Zakah is payable.
- Which country in Africa has the largest Muslim population?
- Which country was the last one in recent times to have a Muslim Khilafat?
- What is the country of Misr called in the English language?
- What is the meaning of "Majlis Shura"?
- The Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, had letters written to two
emperors asking them to become Muslims. Who were these two emperors?
Heraclius of Rome and Khusraw (Chosroes) of Persia.
- Name the two famous sons of Nabi Ibrahim, peace be upon him.
Nabi Isma’il, peace be upon him, and Nabi Is-haq, peace be upon him.
- Write the names of the two angels who question the deceased persons in their
Munkar and Nakir.
- Name at least two polytheists of Makkah who persecuted our beloved Prophet
Muhammad, peace be upon him.
Abu Jahl and Abu Lahab.
- In the year 6 A.H, the Muslims signed an important treaty with the Quraysh
of Makkah. What is this treaty called?
The Treaty of Hudaybiya.
- Mention an important lesson which the Muslims learned in the Battle of 'Uhud.
To obey the Holy Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, under all circumstances.