Accept Islam for your salvation
Live according to Islam for your spiritual progress
1. Who are amongst the people that must fast in the blessed month of Ramadan, and those that are not obliged to fast in this month?
Those who must fast:
Those who are exempted:
2. What is said about performing supererogatory acts in the blessed month of Ramadan in comparison to obligatory acts performed at any other time than Ramadan?
A supererogatory act in Ramadan merits the same reward as an obligatory act in any other month.
3. What facts about the month of Ramadan have been related by hadith in regards to what takes place related to heaven and hell?
The gates of heaven are opened and the gates of hell are shut.
4. This ayah from the Qur'an is in reference to what night in this blessed month of Ramadan, ".......which is better than a thousand months".
Lailatul Qadr (The Night of Power)
5. Which surah is in reference to this special night in Ramadan? Please name the surah and the surah number.
Surah al-Qadr, surah number 97
6. What did Sayyidina 'Umar ibn al-Khattab Rady Allahu 'Anhu say about the tarawih salah? How many rak'ah did he set the salah to be?
He said what a good bid'a (innovation) it
is. 20 raka'ah.
7. What is one of the sunnahs when a Muslim, for a valid reason cannot keep fast?
Not to eat in the presence of a fasting
8. What connection does the Qur'an and the blessed month of Ramadan have that makes the month very important and sacred?
The Qur'an was revealed in Ramadan.
9. It is said that the odour of a fasting Muslim is more fragrant to Allah Sub'hanahu wa Ta'ala than what?
10. How is the month of Ramadan a significant part of the five pillars of Islam?
It is the fourth pillar of Islam
Of the five pillars of Islam, the declaration
of Shahadah, salah and fasting
It teaches us to be more humble, pious,
patient and charitable.
11. What are some of the lessons taught through Ramadan in regards to food and how we should eat and drink during Ramadan?
Be moderate in eating food, never lavish
12. Hadrat Jibril 'Alayhissalam used to bring revelation to the beloved Nabi Sallallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam but in the month of Ramadan, he visited him for another specific purpose. What was that?
To recite to him the Qur'an
13. What are the duas for keeping and breaking the everyday fast in Ramadan. Write their meanings as well.
Du'a for keeping the fast (made the
Du'a for breaking the fast
O Allah! I fasted for Your sake and I believe
in You and I put my total trust
14. List the days other than in Ramadan when Muslims fast, and provide a brief explanation for each.
Six days in Shawwal after 'Eid ul Fitr. The reward of this equals fasting for
one's entire life
15. What is the reward of the six fasts kept after the month of Ramadan?
The reward equals fasting for one's entire
16. List three important events in the history of our Nabi Sallallahu 'alaihi wa Sallam that occured in the month of Ramadan?
The Qur'an was revealed
17. In which year was fasting in Ramadan enjoined on the Muslims?
2 A.H. ; 623 C.E
18. It is said that the month of Ramadan is in three parts. List them and describe the special blessings of each part.
First 10 days: Brings Allah's mercy
19. What is Sadaqa tul Fitr?
Charity given in Ramadan and before 'Eid
salah for each person in the family. The amount to be given per person is 2.45
kg of wheat or barley or the value of the barley in cash.
20. How is the month of Ramadan concluded and what is the significance of this day?
After Ramadan comes 'Eid ul Fitr which is
a day of rejoicing as Allah rewards Muslims for their fasting. There is salatul
'Eid, takbeerat, visiting relatives, the sick and the graveyard to pray for the
|· Poems · Our Publications · For Students · Duas · Links ·|
|Reproduce with permission and acknowledgments||Contact Us|